Hockabriefs

Hockabriefs

ISAS

The Independent Schools Association of the Southwest Arts Festival, better known as the ISAS festival, took place last weekend from April 7-9 at St. Mary’s Hall in San Antonio. Over 3,000 students attended the event. Two-hundred and sixteen Hockaday Upper School students showcased their work in a variety of disciplines: visual arts, ceramics, film, photography, orchestra, coffee house, recitals, dance, one acts, scenes and monologues.

Prom Theme

Senior Prom, themed “Oh, What a Night,” will be held on Saturday, May 7 at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. Wolfgang Puck will cater the event. Two senior parents will be in charge of decorations.

Promise House

Day of Promise was held last Monday. The festivities of the day included donuts and coffee sold in the morning, lunch catered by Potbelly and a dinner with live student performances at Village Burger Bar. Twenty percent of all purchases raised will be donated to Promise House, a homeless shelter for teens.

Spring Play

The Hockaday Theater Company presents the one-act Greek play “The Love of the Nightingale” today at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. in Clements Lecture Hall. This will be the first time that the cast for the spring play was not selected through an open audition and was only open to the advanced drama class.