Falling Into Fall Fashion

We all love our classic boots, chunky sweaters and cozy leggings. However, that fall wardrobe can get a bit boring after awhile. If you’re looking to bring a twist to your closet this autumn, look no further than this list.

Faux Fur

This fall, faux fur is the best way to stay warm. Faux fur coats are easy to find, either from vintage shops, stores like Forever 21, or from brands such as Unreal Fur. Fur coats come in many different cuts, colors and type of fur. They’re easy to dress up, with a dress and heels, or dress down, with t-shirts and sneakers.

this is my “I’M TIRED & HUNGRY” face ??? #goodnightmunich #balenciaga #munich #ootd #wiwt

A photo posted by I’M SUCH A CARRIE BRADSHAW (@marinathemoss) on

Denim with a Twist

Denim is a fabric that goes great in any style. Denim shirts, jackets and jeans are easy to find anywhere. This fall, denim is becoming more interesting with added elements such as embroidery, beading and indivualized patchwork. Can’t find denim with the detailing you like? DIY it! Here is a link to a tutorial on how to easily embellish your jeans!

these are suchhhhh a piece thank you @laquixote ?

A photo posted by sam schiller (@sammi.quinn) on

Boots

Boots are a classic staple of fall, but this year boots are reaching new lengths. Thigh boots are easily paired with leggings and long, cozy fall sweater. Thigh high boots can be found online on retailers such as Amazon or Etsy, or can be purchased from stores such as Forever 21 or NastyGal. If you prefer your boots well below the thigh, there are tons of other unique options. Opt for a pair with a chunkier heel, or a unique pattern such as these from WetSeal.

Velvet

Velvet, much like other trends from the 90’s, are coming back. Velvet can be found in dresses, shirts, shoes, pants, jackets and everything else. Velvet is simple to find and fun to style. A tip: let the texture of the velvet be the focus of your ensemble; simplify everything else.

Metallic

Metallic is a big trend this fall, whether it be metallic makeup or metallic clothes. Metallics can be as bold or as subtle as you choose. If you’re aiming to pack a punch, try a bold gold lip using a metallic lipstick such as this. If sublety is more your style, try a pair of metallic shoes such as these.

When you love something, get it in a couple of colours!! Just me?? Metallic skirt obsessed. ?? #streetstylefashion #metallics #ootd

A photo posted by Style & Travel – Jenelle Witty (@inspiringwit) on

Ashlynn Long – Asst. Views Editor