Conversations about conservation
Conversations about conservation
Sophia Lou, Staff Writer • February 20, 2024

Junior Cassidy Golden and her APES class trek through the forest, observing the switchgrass, yellow Indian grass, little blue stem, and big blue...

Aadhya Yanamadala and Shifa IrfanJanuary 25, 2024

Women in Finance: A History  It can be perceived that women have historically been pushed out of the financial world. However, that notion...

Deborah Monahan and Maria Cendejas pose for a photo in the midst of the chaos of their day.
Wonderful Women in Maintenance
Melinda Hu and Sarah MoskowitzJanuary 22, 2024

When walking into Hockaday each morning, we are lucky to be surrounded by the impeccable cleanliness of our facilities and buildings. Kathy...

Junior takes the digital SAT.
Switching up the SAT
December 15, 2023
Graphic by Carys Braun 25
Pour Choices
December 15, 2023

Juniors Learn to Lead

Armed with theme “Leadership,” the Class of 2019 assembled at Hockaday on Aug. 23-24 for their junior year retreat.

Before the retreat, juniors took the Clifton Strengths Finder assessment to identify their dominant strengths. On Wednesday, Aug. 23, the Junior class met with speaker Laurie Grace Bouldin, who guided the students through a workshop aimed at developing each student’s strengths and helping them grow as leaders as they explored the strengths of their peers.

“One of the things I realized this morning is there seems to be a great sense of community, and I think that’s something very endearing,” Bouldin said.

On day two, Form III returned for bonding activities in the Lacerte Family Black Box Theater, joining both new and familiar faces in games such as taboo, charades and speed dating.

A new face at Hockaday, Junior Jessica Katzman thought the retreat was successful.

“The retreat was a great way to bond with the form and learn about leadership,” Katzman said.

Photos and story by Michelle Chen – Staff Writer