Ms. Day speaks to Hockaday students as well as other students in the Dallas area as part of her role to involve Hockaday students in the community and lead them to fulfill their purpose.
A day with Ms. Day
Sarah Moskowitz and Melinda Hu May 19, 2024

How did you get your start in social impact? Day: Out of college, I decided to do a year in a program called The Jesuit Volunteer Corps. It...

Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lang Cooper May 17, 2024

What initially interested you in beauty pageants? Roberts: When I was six I joined the Miss America Organization. This program is for girls...

Branching Out During Break
Jessica Boll, Web Editor in Chief • May 16, 2024

Instead of lazily lounging by the pool this summer, taking advantage of an academic break is the best usage of the months when we don't have...

Senior Splash Day
Senior Splash Day
May 13, 2024

“Donut” Worry, Be Happy

Metzger Plaza was a little rowdier than usual this morning as faculty and staff handed out donut holes in a cheering line for students to walk through.

Pitched by Director of Service Learning, Laura Day, the event was designed to alleviate end of quarter stress.

“I knew girls were having a hard time, and all the teachers were so excited to do this for their students,” Day said.

Senior Aryn Thomas was a bit confused as she made her way to her locker to find teachers screaming her name, but she ended up loving the experience.

“I was so happy and appreciative that they took the time out of their day to do that for us,” Thomas said.

Junior Trinity Naile agreed with this sentiment wholeheartedly; although the majority of her tests and quizzes ended on Thursday, she still needed this show of support to finish the quarter strong.

“I heard the teachers who I’m friends with say ‘good job!’ and ‘I love you, Trinity’ and that was really encouraging,” Naile said.

Story by Shreya Gunukula