Ms. Day speaks to Hockaday students as well as other students in the Dallas area as part of her role to involve Hockaday students in the community and lead them to fulfill their purpose.
A day with Ms. Day
Sarah Moskowitz and Melinda HuMay 19, 2024

How did you get your start in social impact? Day: Out of college, I decided to do a year in a program called The Jesuit Volunteer Corps. It...

Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lang CooperMay 17, 2024

What initially interested you in beauty pageants? Roberts: When I was six I joined the Miss America Organization. This program is for girls...

Branching Out During Break
Jessica Boll, Web Editor in Chief • May 16, 2024

Instead of lazily lounging by the pool this summer, taking advantage of an academic break is the best usage of the months when we don't have...

Senior Splash Day
Senior Splash Day
May 13, 2024

Catching Up At Fall Alumnae Dinner

On Oct. 20, Hockaday alumnae met at Liza Lee Academic Research Center lobby and Hicks meeting room. Refreshments, canapés and jazz music entertained the guests while they, with their former teachers and friends, chatted about their lives. This year’s Fall Alumnae Dinner celebrated the long-lasting friendships. After a three-course meal, Hockaday recognized Grammy Award-winning singer and songwriter Lisa Loeb ‘86 with the Ela Hockaday Distinguished Alumna Award, the highest honor given to Hockaday graduates who made a “transformative effect on their communities.” Loeb ‘86 showed gratitude towards Hockaday and the memories made there, and performed a couple of her songs, which received a standing ovation at the end.

PHOTOS:

1. Catering services prepares the dessert, skillet apple pie with brown butter ice cream, before Loeb’s remarks.
  2. Class of 1983 seated on a same table for the dinner. They enjoyed wagyu short ribs and lobster salad with avocado mousse while socializing with their high school classmates.
  3. Former faculty Ed Long talks with alumnae.
  4. Eugene McDermott Head of School Karen Coleman, Lisa Loeb ‘86 and Andy Coleman poses for the camera. Loeb ‘86 received Ela Hockaday Distinguished Alumna Award.
  5. Loeb gives a speech after she was awarded. She entertained guests with jokes, mentioned her memories during years in Hockaday and thanked her teachers for supports in academics.
  6. Some members of Class of 1961, including Loeb’s mother Gail Loeb ’61 take a group picture.

Story and Photos by Eugene Seong