Larkin Clouston and Elle MyersFebruary 29, 2024

Alexa Muñoz and Danya Risam-ChandiFebruary 27, 2024

Viral workout videos

Viral workout videos

During quarantine, when I am not watching Netflix or scrolling through TikTok, I like to do Chloe Ting’s free and easy workout programs. Ting is a fitness influencer and YouTuber who is best known for her easy-to-follow workout routines and healthy recipe ideas.

Sitting on a yoga mat in my workout room, I scrolled through Ting’s website looking for a workout program. After looking at the array of options, I finally decided on the “2 Weeks Shred Challenge.” 

When I clicked on the workout, a timeline appeared on the screen, presenting me with workout videos to do on each day of the week. The layout was appealing and organized and helped motivate me through the whole program. 

Day one of the program only had two videos which were about 20 minutes in total, but as the days went on, the number of videos and time increased. Some days had three to four videos, which made the workout about 45 to 55 minutes. However, there were active rest days on day five and day nine, which allowed me to have a break. 

The videos were upbeat, equipped with energetic music and a motivational Chloe Ting leading the workout. However, I did not like the way the circuits were designed. 

For most of the videos, there were three sets with 30 seconds on and five to 10 seconds off for each exercise. Personally, I need a longer time to breathe in between workouts. Although this method of working out was difficult for me, it ended up being very effective for my body and health, and I noticed a big difference at the end of every video. 

In addition, despite the productivity of Ting’s workouts and the results I started noticing in only three days, I think including my own extra cardio or adding weights to Ting’s exercises would have sped up my progress. 

Under each program calendar, Ting includes a “Meals” video, highlighting recipes and what she eats in a day. These videos were a great source of inspiration, and to keep and see my results, I created my own meals based on her tips. 

When choosing a workout program to start, make sure you choose one that is right for you and targets the area you want to improve. For the “2 Week Shred Program,” I noticed that my abs were the only things getting toned while the rest of my body remained the same. However, some programs target the whole body, like the “2018 8 Weeks Shred,” or the “Summer Shred Challenge.” 

If you are thinking about starting Chloe Ting’s workouts, you will most likely see fast results, but if not, do not give up. Have fun with it, and do not worry, because it will get easier. I loved doing Chloe Ting’s workouts, and I will definitely start the “4 Weeks Summer Shred Challenge” next. 

Rating: 4 Stars

Story by Campbell Harris, Staff Writer

Photo provided by chloeting.com