Uncategorized
Alexa Muñoz and Danya Risam-ChandiFebruary 27, 2024

Melody Tian and Alexandra DassopoulosFebruary 27, 2024

State Senate Bill 17, which imposes a state ban on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) offices, initiatives and training at Texas public universities...

Eras Excitement

Swift’s recent tour generates excitement
Eras+Excitement
Eva Rinaldi

Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour kicked off in March, selling out stadiums and breaking records. The concert consists of 44 songs from Swift’s different musical eras, and she sings for around three hours. Swift begins in her Lover era and transitions through the different phases of her musical career. 

The performance’s music, costumes and special effects are impressive. With each different era having a new style, Swift goes through around 10 costumes in the three hours. The special effects add a fun element to the concert, with the singer even diving into the stage at one point.

“It was the best night of my entire life,” freshman Fendley Obert said.

She described Swift as an icon, and really enjoyed seeing her perform live on March 31 in Arlington.

“There is no one else I would stand up for three hours at a concert for,” Obert said. 

Her favorite moment of the concert was when Swift sang the song “Champagne Problems.”

“It was the best moment ever. The crowd got so loud and it was really emotional.” Obert said.

Sophomore Dylan George, who went to the tour on April 1 in Arlington, agrees with Obert’s opinion. 

“The concert was probably one of the best nights of my life and I will never get tired of watching her perform,” George said.