Lone Star Swag Mixer

[nggallery id=57]

With exams in less than two weeks, the Upper School Student Council was able to squeeze in one more night of fun before the cram studying begins. The Sophomore-Junior Mixer on March 9 was themed “Lone Star Swag” to show off Hockaday girls’ Texan pride.

St. Marks, Cistercian and Jesuit Upper School students were invited to enjoy a fun-filled night with music, dancing and food. Churros were served to reflect the Tex-Mex nature as well as provide party-goers with a mouth-watering snack.

Originally planned to be held in Metzger Plaza, the mixer was moved inside to the Small Gym due to inclement weather.

The mixer was more crowded than previous ones, and St. Mark’s sophomore Umer DJ-ed the mixer and played a wide range of songs which kept the party going all night long.

“The mixer was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the music and food,” said junior Paige, who stayed afterwards to help clean up. She will be class secretary for the current junior class for the 2013-2014 school year. The sophomore and junior student councils set up for the mixer, arrived early to greet people and stayed after the mixer ended to clean up.

The mixer ended 30 minutes early at 10 p.m. to ensure that everyone would make it home safely as a result of pouring rain, hail and lightning.

“It was a fun respite before I start cramming for exams,” junior Eliza said.

-Anisha

Photos by Anisha