As we begin to undergo construction on the buildings of the latest location, we remember past Hockaday campuses around Dallas. The picture shows the campus where Ela Hockaday chose to begin the school, a privately-owned house on Haskell Avenue. After buying the house from the owner, Ms. Hockaday set up her school on the property and held classes there from 1913 to 1919. The Hockaday School then transferred to a campus on Greenville Avenue, which, according to an excerpt from Hockaday: 1913-1938,consisted of separate buildings, as the school grew. Hockaday remained on Greenville until 1961, when the current campus opened on Welch Road.