On April 25, Upper School students filed into the Nasher Haemisegger Theater to celebrate the accomplishments of the seniors. Seniors were recognized for their hard work and dedication to Hockaday, and particular students were given awards for their achievements at this year’s Senior Honors Assembly.
- Sudie Duncan Citizenship Award winners stand on stage, honored for their display of “qualities of loyalty to Hockaday and the ideals for which it stands, as evidenced by their citizenship and dedicated service to the school and its community.”
- Eloise Sinwell hurries to the stage when her name is called to receive the Pete Lohstreter Engineering Award.
- Bianca Schwimmer smiles with Dr. Coleman holding the Alison Fisher Smith Community Service Award.
- Clarissa Fuentes walks eagerly to get her fourth award.
- Rebekah Calhoun pumps her fist while the entire Senior class gives her a standing ovation after winning the Killion award.
- Dr. Karen Warren Coleman smiles on stage as Laura Day, director of William B. Dean Service Learning Program, announces the award winners for the Institute for Social Impact.
Story and photo by Kate Clark