As the school year begins and the homework load piles on, don’t forget to take a quick break and have a healthy yet tasty snack. Luckily, we have the perfect snack. You’ve probably seen these everywhere on Instagram or tried one at Nekter, but we’re going to show you how to make your very own Açaí bowl!
First, you’ll need to go to your local grocery store (Central Market, Whole Foods, etc.) to pick up all of the ingredients.
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 4 tablespoons acai powder
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of honey
Also, pick up some toppings. We grabbed some strawberries, raspberries, bananas, chia seeds, toasted coconut flakes, and honey! Some other things that you might want to try are goji berries, granola, and your fruit of choice.
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until the consistency is smooth. Make sure that there are no chunks.
– Aurelia Han – A&E Editor – Maria Harrison – Asst. Features Editor