Spice up your fall food palate with this chocolate chip pumpkin loaf recipe! Pumpkin bread is a fall staple and is easy to take on the road for breakfast. Whether you need to grab a bite to eat while running late for your A period class, or would rather enjoy a slice asan after-school snack, get into your fall groove with this easy recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1?2 teaspoon salt
1?2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
1 and 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 15-oz can pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by putting the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl and whisking it all together.
- Next, place the butter and sugar into a separate large bowl and combine them using an electric mixer. After combining the butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, beating them into the mix after each addition.
- Once the butter, sugar and eggs are all mixed together, add the pumpkin–the mix should be a light orange color. Next, add the combination of flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg from earlier and mix them together using an electric mixer. Finally, pour the chocolate chips into the batter and stir until they are evenly distributed.
- Add the pumpkin loaf batter to two greased loaf pans and place in the oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 65-75 minutes.
- Once baked, allow the loaves to cool. Then you are free to enjoy!
Story and photo by Elisa Carroll