Why go to your local coffee shop when you can make a Pumpkin Spice Latte in the comfort of your own home? In under 10 minutes, you can create this popular, delicious fall drink. With ingredients common in most homes, the recipe costs a fraction of the price of a classic Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until hot, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and the coffee.
- Divide the mixture between mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Story and photo by Campbell Harris