After I get home from a long day at school, all I want to do is wind down with some quality comfort food. Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved my mom’s spaghetti, so I was ecstatic to find a healthier version of the classic pasta dish that uses spaghetti squash. Not only does it take only about an hour from start to finish, this recipe only requires a few simple ingredients, many of which you might already find in your pantry.
-1 medium spaghetti squash
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-1 cup of marinara sauce
-1 cup of spinach
-½ cup of ricotta cheese (I used a vegan version from Kite Hill)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place spaghetti squash in oven for 40 minutes.
- Separate strands of the spaghetti squash with a fork.
- Mix spaghetti squash strands, marinara sauce, spinach and ricotta cheese in bowl. Place back into the spaghetti squash boats.
- Put it back into the oven on the broiler setting for around five minutes. Be careful! Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Top with extra ricotta cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Enjoy!! Like any great pasta dish, it pairs great with a side salad or soup. 🙂
Thank you to Eating Bird Food for the recipe!
Aurelia Han – Editor-In-Chief