Larkin Clouston and Elle MyersFebruary 29, 2024

Alexa Muñoz and Danya Risam-ChandiFebruary 27, 2024

Learning From The Bachelor

Being on “The Bachelor” is probably the worst thing you can do with your life for two months. “The Bachelor” sets 28 girls up for competition, insecurity and ultimately failure. Yet, you can still learn from their experiences good and bad.

Each season there are huge blowouts, controversies and heartbreaks. Each season we see girls destroy each other over frivolous issues and talk smack about each other behind their backs.

Although “The Bachelor” seems to bring out the worst in people, the enlightening “Women Tell All” episode illuminated the surface-depth of the drama. In fact, the women critiqued the whole season were actually the biggest critic of themselves. 

I really related to that and it was really interesting to see what they said about themselves now that they have had time to reflect. It’s great that these women were able to have a growing experience from something that could have potentially be so awful.  

From the finale, we took a closer look at the struggle under pressure to make a decision and what it takes to go with your gut. In the final episode, we saw Ben Higgins tormented by his feelings for both Lauren Bushnell and JoJo Fletcher.

We learned more about love, however, in the last days of JoJo and Ben’s relationship than in the whole season. She showed Ben her ability to ask the tough questions that made him uncomfortable.

When JoJo met Ben’s mother, she discussed his qualities that shape him as a quality husband and father of her children, rather than just listing that ways Ben makes her feel.

Although JoJo and Ben were not meant to be, her contrast with Lauren was fascinating to watch. Lauren spilled how she feels to be in love, while JoJo dove into the difficult conversation about what it means to be married. Lauren did, however, bring Ben’s mom the bigger flowers.

This season, we learned that being real means asking hard questions and taking a certain amount of vulnerability to truly love someone.

Allow yourself to feel the way you do, because trying to convince yourself otherwise leaves some things that just won’t make sense.

Commentaries are the expressed opinion of the author and do not necessarily reflect that of The Fourcast staff, its adviser or any member of the Hockaday community.

– Emily Fuller – Video Editor –