New Sammy Shop in Town

When I walked into East Hampton Sandwich Company this Thursday, I was immediately greeted with the scent of freshly baked bread. This assured me that I was in for an unforgettable dining experience.

After perusing the menu, I decided on the honey grilled chicken sandwich. Although I was initially worried that the sweetness of the sandwich might overpower all of its savory elements, I decided to take that chance. Spoiler: I didn’t regret my decision at all. After 10 minutes, a friendly waiter brought out my sandwich, which was served alongside some housemade potato chips.

The chips were a little dry, probably due to the fact that they were baked and not fried, but they provided some much-needed crunch to the meal. When it came time to dive into my sandwich, I was not disappointed. I bit through two pillowy brioche buns to find a delectable chicken breast, complemented by tomato, sweet onions and bourbon mustard sauce. The mustard component of the sauce provided the tang that the sandwich needed and also prevented it from being too sweet.

I was even surprised to see the mustard grain seeds scattered throughout the sandwich; this made me even more sure that East Hampton had used quality ingredients, like whole grain mustard, to make my meal. If I had to critique the sandwich, I would say that the restaurant could have tried harder to include more than one flavor in the sandwich. While tasty, the honey-mustard flavor grew redundant after a while. However, I would love to come back and try some of their more unique offerings. The meyer lemon chicken sandwich, for example, seems intriguing, with its combination of lemony pulled chicken and watermelon radish. While the seating at the restaurant is fairly limited and my sandwich fell a little short, East Hampton is definitely worth the visit.

East Hampton Sandwich Co.

12300 Inwood Road Dallas, TX 75244

7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Daily

214 583 2240

– Eshani Kishore – Features Editor –