Conversations about conservation
Conversations about conservation
Sophia Lou, Staff Writer • February 20, 2024

Junior Cassidy Golden and her APES class trek through the forest, observing the switchgrass, yellow Indian grass, little blue stem, and big blue...

Aadhya Yanamadala and Shifa IrfanJanuary 25, 2024

Women in Finance: A History  It can be perceived that women have historically been pushed out of the financial world. However, that notion...

Deborah Monahan and Maria Cendejas pose for a photo in the midst of the chaos of their day.
Wonderful Women in Maintenance
Melinda Hu and Sarah MoskowitzJanuary 22, 2024

When walking into Hockaday each morning, we are lucky to be surrounded by the impeccable cleanliness of our facilities and buildings. Kathy...

Junior takes the digital SAT.
Switching up the SAT
December 15, 2023
Graphic by Carys Braun 25
Pour Choices
December 15, 2023

JETS Advance to State

JETS Advance to State
STATE-BOUND The JETS team poses with their third place trophy and medals. They will advance to the state competition on Nov. 9.

This past Saturday, the Hockaday Junior Engineering Technical Society (JETS) competed in the regional Dallas BEST, a robotics competition. The team worked for six weeks on their robot, staying after numerous hours to construct the robot, write their engineering notebook, and build their booth.

In the preliminary round, Hockaday finished fourth, with a score of 1174, beating sixth place St. Mark’s for that round. In the semifinals the JETS finished with a respectable fifth.  Seniors Shelby Anderson, Eliza Cope and Elizabeth Krenek drove the robot, along with Sophomores Cristina Chavez, Kate Clement and Gillian Meyer.

They won Best Notebook and Best T-Shirt. If you would like one of the shirts, contact Kate Clement, [email protected].

With the combined scores on their notebook, booth, interview and performance in the competition, the JETS took home third in BEST, the overall award, qualifying them to compete at the state competition on Nov. 9.

View Comments (1)