Ms. Day speaks to Hockaday students as well as other students in the Dallas area as part of her role to involve Hockaday students in the community and lead them to fulfill their purpose.
A day with Ms. Day
Sarah Moskowitz and Melinda HuMay 19, 2024

How did you get your start in social impact? Day: Out of college, I decided to do a year in a program called The Jesuit Volunteer Corps. It...

Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lang CooperMay 17, 2024

What initially interested you in beauty pageants? Roberts: When I was six I joined the Miss America Organization. This program is for girls...

Branching Out During Break
Jessica Boll, Web Editor in Chief • May 16, 2024

Instead of lazily lounging by the pool this summer, taking advantage of an academic break is the best usage of the months when we don't have...

Senior Splash Day
Senior Splash Day
May 13, 2024

Hunting for Hits

Hunting for Hits

“Storyline”

Hunter Hayes

4/4 Stars

PHOTO CREDIT TO
PHOTO CREDIT TO ????

As a country music fan, I highly anticipated adding Hunter Hayes’ new album to my playlist. Hayes’ music, more subdued than the heavy-accented, stereotypical country artist, provides a much more mellow approach to country music, and is all written by him.

Hayes’ sophomore album, “Storyline,” following his debut album “Hunter Hayes” and “Hunter Hayes Encore,” released on May 6, 2014. After two and a half years since his debut album, “Storyline” shows an obvious growth in style. As for the songs placed in the lineup, he still has a few faster-paced songs like in the past, but this album consists mainly of ballads.

“Invisible,” his first single from “Storyline”, is one of the most emotional and personal from the bunch, shown in his performance of the song at the 2014 Grammy Awards, as well as “Flashlight.”

Yet, with a similar style to his previous single “I Want Crazy,” tracks “Wild Card,” “Tattoo” and “Secret Love” appear on the album as well.

And the album comes with a bonus. Snippets in between some of the songs have been included. A track titled “…interlude,” a 54 second clip, is just a medley of instrumental music. Another snippet titled “…like I was saying (jam),” is a response to the song “When Did You Stop Loving Me,” recorded in a different style.

The album, although more ballad-based than I was expecting, still has music for all tastes, especially soothing music, perfect for the summer season.

– Megan Philips