Sincerely, Senior: A Recommendation Letter

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you regarding the admirable class of 2016. I have had the pleasure of knowing these incredible young women over the last eight years. Every day when I come to school, I am greeted by their smiling faces, informed by their knowledge and comforted by their compassionate gestures.

Last week, I saw the incredible creativity of members of the class of 2016 as we decorated for Halloween. I watched my classmates get down on their hands and knees to paint elaborate signs, and overheard insightful conversations as they planned the most efficient way to drape curtains through the ceiling tiles. The class of 2016 is full of planners and creators, innovators and artists.

They are generous with their time, money and talents. Here at Hockaday, studying is the priority and sometimes that means studying during advisory, lunch, passing periods or during the wee hours of the morning. These same girls, who use every spare moment of time to study, graciously give up an hour of their time each week to tutor elementary school kids or hand out mail at the local nursing home.

The class of 2016 is full of leaders who lead by their actions. This class is home to a form president who never asks something of her peers that she is not willing to do herself, a Student Diversity board that believes entirely in making this community inclusive and a humorous Facebook group that never fails to brighten my day.

They have ambition to succeed and the drive to keep on trying when their attempts are not successful. This class is home to a group of girls yearning to master a language and refusing to give up when grammar concepts became overwhelming. Many of them thrust themselves into the countries of the language they’re learning each summer, never letting their fear of failure stop them from immersing themselves in the unknown.

Any university will be richer with the addition of a member of the Hockaday class of 2016 into their community. If you have any questions about the quality of the individuals that make up the class of 2016, please direct them to me.

Sincerely,

Senior

View Comments (2)