Ms. Day speaks to Hockaday students as well as other students in the Dallas area as part of her role to involve Hockaday students in the community and lead them to fulfill their purpose.
A day with Ms. Day
Sarah Moskowitz and Melinda Hu May 19, 2024

How did you get your start in social impact? Day: Out of college, I decided to do a year in a program called The Jesuit Volunteer Corps. It...

Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lone Star Royalty Q&A
Lang Cooper May 17, 2024

What initially interested you in beauty pageants? Roberts: When I was six I joined the Miss America Organization. This program is for girls...

Branching Out During Break
Jessica Boll, Web Editor in Chief • May 16, 2024

Instead of lazily lounging by the pool this summer, taking advantage of an academic break is the best usage of the months when we don't have...

Senior Splash Day
Senior Splash Day
May 13, 2024

ArtsCast Episode 10: Frightful Fourcast Fun

On Halloween, no one is safe from the spooks and scares as witches, ghosts and vampires out to play. While the treats may be sweet, the tricks are wicked. We hear, the only way to stay safe from the night’s magic and danger is to transform into our very own spine-chilling, hair-raising creature. Searching high and low, we found no luck in the werewolves’ cave or the enchanted forest, but luckily, we crept along an abandoned doll house and struck gold.

With the help of the Dallas Vintage Shop in the first episode of ArtsCast of the 2016-2017 school year, a fang-tastic vintage destination for costumes all things Halloween, we found a doll apparel that haunts every childhood nightmare. However, this broken doll is not complete without the power of makeup. Self taught special effects makeup artist and junior Hannah Sipes (@sfx.by.h) puts the finishing touches on our look.

This is the Art of the Halloween Costume: Frightful Fourcast Fun.

Happy Halloween!

Cheryl Hao – Asst. Web Editor

Aurelia Han – A&E Editor