Pre-K Circus
Pre-K Circus

DIFF: An Inside Look Into Documentary Making and Women in Film

The 2015 Dallas International Film Festival: an Inside Look Into Documentary Making and Women in Film.

DIFF, which ran from April 9 to 19 and has run for the past nine years, honors 150 films annualy.
Katherine Clement spoke to Sundance award winning documentary “Cartel Land’s”editor, Bradley Ross. The film investigates the drug cartels that span the American-Mexican Border.

ArtsCast discussed women in film with Heather Born, Michael Cohn and Joseph Semense, the filmmakers of Sacrifice”, the editor, director and producer respectively. “Sacrifice” is a thriller/horror film about a group of teenagers who set off on a hunting trip and end up facing a nightmare when an unthinkable, grisly accident occurs and their celebration takes a turn for the worst.

Neda Armian, the producer of She’s the Best Thing in it” talks about females in film. The documentary feature focuses on veteran character actor Mary Louise Wilson when she returns to New Orleans, her hometown, to teach acting.

In addition to the film festival, the Dallas Film Society hosted a high school shorts competition where two Hockaday students, Sadie Lidji and Nathalie Naor, were selected for their films, “Someone Not Unlike Myself” and “Curiosity”.
ArtsCast is the Hockaday Fourcast’s Arts & Entertainment web series dedicated to reporting the latest art happenings around Dallas, Texas.

— Lexie Chu and Katherine Clement