Pints and Quarts of Good Burgers Served on Lower Greenville

Fourcast reviewed the newly opened burger joint Pints and Quarts in Lower Greenville.

On the corner of Greenville and Ross Ave, Brooke Humphries, restaurateur of coffee shop Mudsmith and club It’ll Do, opened Pints and Quarts, a reinvented gas station into a burger joint, in mid-July. With a fresh paint job, the décor combines elements from a 1950s gas station burger stand with 21st century windows and seating.

My family and I ventured to the restaurant. Walking through the patio, I opened a white door to the inside of the recycled gas station. Fortunately, the inside resembles little of a gas station. Indoors, the cashier pleasantly welcomed my family and me.

The menu separates the food into Burgers, Sandwiches, Hotdogs, On the Fry sides like fries and onion strings, a kids’ section called for the half pints and the desserts. Unfortunately, for a vegetarian like me, the Mind Your P’s, a burger with a Portobella mushroom and Poblano cream cheese, was the only available choice. Sorry, vegans, you are out of luck. However, for the rest of my meat-loving family, everything sounded appetizing as it took them five minutes to decide what to order. Luckily, the line moved quickly.

Once at the front, my parents ordered a Chunky Guac Burger and the Chi Town, a hotdog topped with sweet pickle relish, sport peppers and celery salt, to split. My brother decided to try the Funky Town, a burger loaded with Applewood smoked bacon, American cheese and grilled onion strings.

To complement the entrees, we ordered dipsticks, their version of hand cut fries with chives and a house seasoning as well as chili cheese dipsticks, fries covered with Texas style chili and a house cheese sauce.

All of the different foods are relatively inexpensive with the entrees lovingly nicknamed “quarts” ranging from $6 to $10. However, substitutions and add-ons can be quite pricey.

After ordering, we took our number and seated ourselves. Once our food arrived, no one in my family complained about their main entrée. On the side, the fries tasted a little dry with a strange aftertaste. However, the “dipsticks” go great with Dale’s secret sauce.

For dessert, my family and I ordered a Chocolate Pot, a plastic cup layered with chocolate mousse, Oreo crumble and house whipped cream that tasted a little too rich. The desserts are very filling so I advise to share a dessert with your family or friends.

To wash down your food, Pints and Quarts has a wide selection of “pints” and sodas such as Jarritos, San Pellegrino and Coke. In the background, the restaurant plays an eclectic mix of music from ’80s pop music to Blink-182 that suits all types of customers, whose ages ranges from 2 to 82.

While the food is delicious and the décor of the restaurant looks captivating, the scenery around the burger joint is unappealing. Sitting down at the restaurant, I had a lovely view of a CVS and Pet Supplies Plus. If you’re going to take pictures with friends or family, use Pints and Quarts as your background. Unfortunately, the joint is separated from other Lower Greenville spots like Steel City Pops and HG Supply Co.

No need to worry if you’re a vegetarian like me or simply don’t like burgers. Hop in your car and travel down either Greenville or Henderson Ave. to quickly find another restaurant that suits your taste buds.

Pints and Quarts

5354 Ross Ave, Dallas

Open 11 AM – 10 PM Sunday – Thursday

Open 11 Am – 12 AM Friday and Saturday

– Maria Harrison – Asst. Perspectives Editor