Conversations about conservation
Conversations about conservation
Sophia Lou, Staff Writer • February 20, 2024

Junior Cassidy Golden and her APES class trek through the forest, observing the switchgrass, yellow Indian grass, little blue stem, and big blue...

Aadhya Yanamadala and Shifa IrfanJanuary 25, 2024

Women in Finance: A History  It can be perceived that women have historically been pushed out of the financial world. However, that notion...

Deborah Monahan and Maria Cendejas pose for a photo in the midst of the chaos of their day.
Wonderful Women in Maintenance
Melinda Hu and Sarah MoskowitzJanuary 22, 2024

When walking into Hockaday each morning, we are lucky to be surrounded by the impeccable cleanliness of our facilities and buildings. Kathy...

Junior takes the digital SAT.
Switching up the SAT
December 15, 2023
Graphic by Carys Braun 25
Pour Choices
December 15, 2023

Where to Find Winter Formal Dresses

With winter formal right around the corner, it’s time to start looking for the perfect dress. If you’re unsure of where you can find a dress that you really love, look no further! Here’s a list of the best places to find your perfect dress for winfo.

Lulu’s

Lulu’s is an online shop with tons of different items to shop for, and their party dresses are nothing to scoff at. Their website is easy to navigate and has a lot filters you can apply so you can narrow down your search, which I really appreciate. I hate having to look through evening gowns when I’m just looking for a party dress, so this feature is definitely a favorite. The dresses are also affordable, many options priced at $50 or less. The store is reliable and won’t scam you like some other online shops have been known to. Lulu’s has a nice selection that offers both bold and classic choices.

Prom Girl

Prom Girl is an online shop with a great reputation- they’re celebrating their sixteenth anniversary this year. Prom Girl has a fantastic variety of options for any event. They carry pretty much any designer you could want and then some. Whether you like dresses with sparkle or a more understated look, Prom Girl has something for everyone. You can search by specific brand, color, event, body type and more.

Forever 21

We all know Forever 21 for their affordable prices and casual pieces. However, Forever 21 is expanding into more formal wear, such as party dresses. Their dresses are very affordable, many priced under $50, perfect if you don’t want to invest too much in a dress you’ll only wear once. They have lots of different options, from LBD’s to a sparkly bodycons.

Velvet crushin’ ?? @xoalyynicole (Shop link in bio)

A photo posted by forever21 (@forever21) on

Little Mistress

Little Mistress is a UK based brand with great mid-price options. This brand is great if you’re looking for lots of variety and has a lot of amazing options for plus-size girls. One great feature on this website is that they allow you to virtually “try on” a dress with a digital avatar.

The must have tulle dress looks like this ????l6265C1A

A photo posted by Little Mistress UK (@littlemistressuk) on

Tobi

Tobi is an Australian based retailer that sells any article of clothing imaginable, but their party dress selection is unbeatable. They have everything from edgy, Yeezy-esque dresses to sparkly, glam gowns. They’re prices aren’t terrible either, with most dresses being under $100.

? 60% OFF DRESSES ? shop link in bio ? ‘Cynthia Satin Cowl Cami Wrap Dress’ #shoptobi

A photo posted by Tobi.com (@shoptobi) on

– Ashlynn Long – Asst. Views Editor –