Larkin Clouston and Elle MyersFebruary 29, 2024

Alexa Muñoz and Danya Risam-ChandiFebruary 27, 2024

Boarders Give At Annual Feast of Sharing

On Nov. 8, all boarding students and many day students spent their afternoon and evening volunteering at the Feast of Sharing event, where the less fortunates come for a warm thanksgiving meal and entertainments. Hockaday students served food and supervised many entertainments such as decorating cookies, suggesting books to guests for the book drive and face painting the young guests. Other schools in the Dallas Area—St. Mark’s School of Texas, Greenhill School and many more—also participated in this event as well; students came together to make the community warmer for the thanksgiving season.

PHOTOS:

1. While some of the boarding students were posing for a group photo, two Greenhill School students, Kionce Woods and Faith Williams, joined, making a cute photo from two schools.
  2. Junior Annette Im shares various drinks with the guests.
  3. Sophomore Charlotte Ding practices her face-painting skills on another sophomore, Mia Xia, before the little guests come.
  4. Sophomore Annie Zhao talks with a book-loving kid on what books he would like.
  5. Freshman Sofia Abel asks a child what animal he would like for his face paint.
  6. While serving food, Interim Director of Residence Life Gary Stollar and Residence Life Weekend Dorm Mom Robyn Fullum stop for a small talk.
  7. Sophomore Zaria Aquart and Freshman Seerat Sohal clean up the used table for the next guests to come.
  8. Junior Sohee Chung and Mohana Ghosh work as a team to serve dinner.
  9. Sophomores Carolin Gruss and Derin Kalkanoglu, two girls from Assist program, smile while putting down new table mats on cleaned tables.
  10. Emerald City Band performs their cover of “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon. Throughout the evening, they performed a variety of songs to entertain the guests.
  11. The menu was turkey, cornmeal stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and dinner rolls. The warm meal warmed the hearts of the guests.
  12. Sohal and 8th grader Wendy Cao try to squeeze out the last bits of icing while decorating a holiday cookie.

Tags: Story by Eugene Seong

Photos by Eugene Seong